1953 – The Port Ewen School opens on Clay Road. It is later named Mt. View School and finally, in 1978, it is named the Robert Graves School in honor of its long-time principal.

1954 – WKNY operates the first television station in the area on the present site of the Time Warner Cable.

1958 – Dr. George W. Ross donates land for Ross Park in Port Ewen.

1963 – The Port Ewen Water District opens a water purification plant drawing water from the Hudson River along River Road. The town landfill is opened on Floyd Ackert Road in West Park.

1965 – The Klyne Esopus Low Church is closed by the Mid-Hudson Classis.

1972 – Kingston Cablevision begins service.

1974 – George Freer Park (pictured at left) is opened on the river and two mini-parks are opened in Connolly and St. Remy.

1975 – A Town of Esopus Police department is organized.

1976 – The 118 year-old Port Ewen Methodist Church is destroyed by an arsonist.

1978 – The Methodist Church is rebuilt on the site of the previous church.

1979 – The Port Ewen Sewer System is constructed. The John Loughran Bridge is opened between Port Ewen and Downtown Kingston. It connects 9W to the Town of Ulster by way of the Frank Koenig Highway.

1980 – The Esopus Police Department is disbanded and patrol of the Town is assumed by the Ulster County Sheriff’s Department.

1983 – The Town of Esopus Volunteer Ambulance Service (TEVAS) begins.

1986 – The Klyne Esopus Historical Society Museum in Ulster Park opens to the public in the preserved former Klyne Esopus Reformed Church.